ABOUT BOB CONFER….
a lifelong resident of rural Gasport, New York. I graduated from
Royalton-Hartland Central School in 1993 and from SUNY College at Brockport in
1996 with a degree in Business Administration. In later years (2002 - 2004), as
a continuing education student at Brockport, I worked on a second degree in
I’m the Vice-President of the family business, Confer Plastics, Inc. which has two facilities located in North Tonawanda and Niagara Falls, New York. The company has been in operation since 1973. I work with 150 great people and we make a wide variety of products ranging from consumer goods to industrial products to national defense items. All of our products are proudly made in the USA and are sold all over the world. For complete information about the company visit http://www.conferplastics.com
When I'm not working or analyzing the world in which we live my interests include: spending time with my family, fishing, hunting, camping, observing wildlife, amateur radio (my call is kc2zzw), and attending Brockport college hockey games. My family and I are members of Zion Lutheran Church in Gasport.
I am also big on community service. Here are just a few of my pursuits in volunteerism….
Boy Scouts of America
· Assistant Scoutmaster of Troop 18 of Gasport; 1993 – 1996
· Scoutmaster of Troop 18 of Gasport; 1996 – 2005
· Board member of Iroquois Trail Council; 2008 – present
· Chairman of Iroquois Trail Council’s contingent to the 2010 National Jamboree; 2008 – 2010
· Chairman of Iroquois Trail Council’s contingent to the 2013 National Jamboree; 2011 – 2013
· President of the Iroquois Trail Council; 2013 – present
· Annually taught 4th graders at the Gasport Elementary about local plants and wildlife; 1996 - 2011
· Guest speaker at SUNY College at Brockport (classrooms, Career Connection, Leadership Conference); 2006 – present
· Annual presenter about business and government to Leadership Niagara; 2006 –present
· Maintains the blog BrockportHockey.com that follows and promotes the SUNY College at Brockport hockey team; 2008 – present
· Assisted with New York’s Reptile and Amphibian Atlas project as a citizen scientist; 1990 - 1999
· Assisted with New York’s Breeding Bird Atlas as a citizen scientist; 2000 – 2005
· Assists with numerous bird surveys conducted by the Cornell Lab or Ornithology (Project FeederWatch, Backyard Bird Count, etc); 1999 – present
· Maintains the blog GasportNewYork.com that looks at news and happenings in Gasport and the Royalton-Hartland School District
RETURN TO www.BobConfer.us